Joe Heaney, one of the greats of traditional Irish singing (known as sean nós), is the subject of this documentary from director Pat Collins. Growing up in Galway, Heaney committed over 500 traditional Irish songs to memory, but his eventual frustration with the lack of opportunities in Ireland led to him leaving for the UK and then America – where he reached a wider audience after a performance at the Newport Folk Festival.
I have two copies of the DVD to give away, thanks to Thunderbird Releasing. Check out my Song Of Granite review here.
HOW TO ENTER
- Email your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org with Song Of Granite Competition in the subject line. The competition closes at 11.59pm on Wednesday 2 May 2018, UK Time.
- After the competition closes two winners will be picked at random from the emails received to win the DVDs.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- UK and Republic of Ireland residents only.
- The winners’ contact details will be passed to the publicity company handling the prize.
- You must be over 18 to enter.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no alternative prize.
- Winners’ name[s] may be published.
- You can only enter once and can only win one prize maximum in this competition.
- The decision of cautionspoilers.com is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If you win and you don’t like it, you can’t send it back, sorry.